We understand that many parents are unsure about how to talk to their children about menstruation, let alone discussing topics such as picking the right products, proper placement, absorbency, and comfort with age-appropriate pads, tampons and liners.
Menstruation is no longer a secretive and taboo topic that only relates to females. Fathers are also becoming more educated and informed so that they can discuss and support their children.
Perfect Period Product Kit
To address this issue, we have launched our “Perfect Period Product Kit” specifically designed to promote confidence and empowerment when it comes to a girl’s first menstruation. The kit includes 15 of the smallest feminine hygiene pads, tampons, and liners to ensure that young people feel prepared and comfortable during this process. It also includes a 5ml liquid dropper to help test absorbency and alleviate concerns about leaks during menstruation.
The kit contains a complete selection of age-appropriate pads, tampons, and liners suitable for a girl’s first period:
Pads x 1 pad of every type (7 Pads)
- Lil-let’s Teens Day Pad
- Lil-let’s Teens Night Pad
- Always Ultra Normal Pad with Wings
- Always Ultra Sensitive Pad with Wings
- Bodyform Ultra Secure Fit Normal
- Bodyform Ultra Secure Fit Normal with Wings
- Kotex Ultra Thin Normal No Wings
Tampons x 1 tampon of every type (4 Tampons)
- Lil-let’s SmartFit Lite Non Applicator
- Lil-lets SmartFit Compact Applicator Regular
- Tampax Compak Lites Applicator
- TOTM Organic Cotton Light Applicator Tampons
Liners x 1 liner of every type (4 x liners)
- Always Mulitfit Normal Fresh Scent
- Always Singles To Go Normal Wrapped.
- Bodyform Daily Fresh Micro Liners
- Bodyform Daily Fresh ProSkin So Slim Wrapped
In addition to these products, the kit also includes:
- The reading book “What’s Happening To Me?”
- One coloured 5ml dropper to measure the amount of blood a pad or tampon can hold
- A “I have started my period” card to make it easier for girls to inform their parents
- Full instructions and information about the kit
Talking to children about their changing bodies can be a challenging topic. Being proactive is always the best approach to ensure body confidence for the future.